Youth Outreach respects the privacy of individuals. We do our best to ensure the collection, usage, storage, transfer and disclosure of your personal data accord to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. This Statement explains our policies and practices on handling personal data.
- Data collection
When you are using the service of Youth Outreach or its service units, providing services to Youth Outreach, being employed by Youth Outreach, making a complaint and/or browsing the websites of Youth Outreach, your personal data may be collected, including but not limited to:
- Participants / service users: Name, telephone number, mobile phone number, address, email address, date of birth, HKID number, guardian information, school, etc.
- Employees / part-time instructors / any person directly or indirectly employed by Youth Outreach: the personal data provided in the job application forms, information on salary/wage, bank account number, payment records, contributions to provident fund or mandatory provident fund, leave records, training records, records on medical and claiming subsidies, performance appraisal and disciplinary action, etc.
- Service providers: Name, HKID number, telephone number, address, bank account number, etc.
- Complainants: the name of complainant, telephone number, email address, the content of the complaint, investigation process and result etc.
You are obliged to provide the mandatory information as listed on the forms or other necessary information for initiating the process. Otherwise, Youth Outreach may not be able to provide the service you request.
- Data usage
- Participants / service users: the data collected may be used for the purposes related to the participation in different programmes and activities, the issuance of receipts, collecting user feedback, conducting analyses, and any other initiatives in relation to the aims and objectives of Youth Outreach.
- Employees / part-time instructors / any person directly or indirectly employed by Youth Outreach: the data collected may be used for recruitment and human resources management, such as appointment, salary/wage payment, internal transfer, performance appraisal and disciplinary action.
- Service providers: the data collected may be used for payment or relevant issues.
- Complainants: the data collected will be used for the investigation, reply and follow-up to the complaint.
The dissemination of news and information related to Youth Outreach and its service units would be conducted in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, after obtaining the consent from the data subject. Should you wish to stop receiving news and information from Youth Outreach and its service units, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transfer of personal data to places outside Hong Kong
If deemed necessary, Youth Outreach may transfer your personal data to places outside Hong Kong, in order to carry out the purposes stated during data collection, or related purposes.
- Data retention
Youth Outreach will only retain your personal data within the period that retention is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes stated during collection. Shall the personal data we keep be no longer required for the stated purposes, they will be erased within a reasonable timeframe.
- Disclosure of personal data
Youth Outreach does not rent, sell, transfer or disclose your personal information with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, or any other services to Youth Outreach in connection with the operation of its business;
- the services requested by you is provided by the person or company concerned;
- with your prior consent;
- we believe that it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person;
- to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, enforceable governmental request and administrative requirements.
- Information collected when you visit Youth Outreach’s websites
Internet technology requires some basic information in order for users of websites to use our online services smoothly. The basic information should include but not limited to IP addresses and/or domain names, browser type and settings, language settings, geographical district, operating system, and time/duration of visit. These data are anonymous and cannot be used to identify the user under general situations. When personal identifiable information of users are involved or collected in Youth Outreach’s websites, users will be prompted to give explicit alert of the collection so as to give consent.
- Use of Cookie
In order to provide you with the best service possible, this website may place and access the cookies dedicated to Youth Outreach’s website on your computer. If you do not wish to accept the writing of cookies, you can set the relevant options in the browser you use, but may lead to some features of the site not functioning properly.
- Google Analytics
Youth Outreach uses Google Analytics to help us analyse how site visitors use this site. Google Analytics is a service provided by Google. Google can generate detailed statistics on website traffic and traffic sources, and measure conversion rates and sales. Google Analytics uses "cookies" stored on your computer to help analyze how users use our website.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be processed anonymously using appropriate settings and then passed to Google's servers (possibly outside Hong Kong). Google will aggregate the data into website activity reports, and then provide the report to us for analysis.
Google may transfer this information to third parties based on legal obligations or when third parties process data on behalf of Google.
You can download and install browser add-on for free from Google and use browser settings to prevent cookies from being stored. Please note that in this case, you may not be able to use all the features of our website. By using our website, you agree that Google will collect and process your data in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
To learn more about how IP Anonymization works, please visit: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2763052
"Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on" download page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/?hl=en
- CCTV Monitoring System
To safeguard the security and properties of Youth Outreach, its staff and visitors, Youth Outreach has installed CCTV monitoring systems in the public areas in some offices and premises. You may be recorded in reasonable ranges of the premises. Generally speaking, video records will be kept for not more than 6 months. Only authorized personnel can access the video records for the purpose stated above.
- Protection measures
Youth Outreach takes appropriate measures to protect the personal data we hold from loss, unauthorized collection, use, modification, transfer, access or disclosure.
- Data access and correction
You should update your personal information with us shall there be any change; otherwise Youth Outreach may not be able to provide the services you request.
According to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to access and correct your personal data and request a copy of the said data. When such requests are made, Youth Outreach will check the requestor’s identity to ensure the requestor is legally entitled to make the data access or correction request. Youth Outreach shall or may refuse to comply with a data access request in the circumstances specified in section 20 of the Ordinance, for example, the requestor fails to provide necessary information to Youth Outreach.
You can make your request by completing the Data Access Request Form (OPS003) available from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data (https://www.pcpd.org.hk/english/publications/files/Dforme.pdf) and/or submitting the request in writing; and sending the details to email@example.com. Your request will be answered in 40 days. A fee may be charged for complying a data access request.
- Revision of this Statement
Youth Outreach reserves the right to revise this Statement. Revision will be announced on Youth Outreach’s website (http://www.yo.org.hk)
- In case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of this Statement, the English version shall prevail.
Updated: May 2018